Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Three Weeks Old Today!

Dear Friends,
Today marks Reagan's 3rd week of life and we are sooooo grateful for God's provision thus far for her. I appreciate the extra prayer's as they are working. I trust that she is gaining strength and power day by day and that God is at work in her little heart right now. Reagan had a pretty good day today and did not have as much trouble with her oxygen desaturations. This afternoon, she had an echocardiogram and again, it showed that her PDA (basically, a valve in her heart that usually closes at birth) which had become smaller, was again enlarged and opened. This just reaffirms what the medical staff here suspected. So... as for treatment, they will give her another round of Indocin. The first time they gave her Indocin, it worked for a while and helped her PDA to shrink but it did not close all the way as it needs to. We are praying that God will help her PDA close all the way with the Indocin this time as we really don't want her to have to have surgery. We will know whether the PDA has closed or not on Thursday sometime during the day. If for some reason it is not closed, she will require a procedure to close it. We'll deal with that if she has to have it but right now, we would like for everyone to really lift her up in prayer and ask The Great Physician to close the hole in her heart!!! (It is interesting to me how so many physical things in life relate so significantly to spiritual things). I know that He is more than able to do it! Thank you all so much for continuing to pray. I know that prayer is what is helping her. We are counting on your prayers and are so thankful for them! Please, "Do not grow weary" in praying. Reagan needs your help! It seems that we have a great team of people that pray regularly for Reagan and we can't tell you how much we appreciate it. I believe that these circumstances have been allowed in our life to strengthen our relationships with God and each other. You all mean more to us than we could ever tell you. You have held us up, and continue to hold us up in our time of need. This is going to be a process that will take time, but together, we can all grow stronger in our faith in God. Let's all look Higher for provision for this precious little life! If there is something that we can pray about for you, please let us know as we owe a lot of prayer! May God bless you all and your families and "cause His face to shine on you," He loves you like no other could. We love you too!

Robert and Amy

P.S. her weight today was 1lb 11oz. That is slightly down from her high of 1lb 14oz but we are glad because she seemed to be holding a lot of fluid and looked very bloated.

16 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy 3 weeks little Reagan! I am praying for your little heart valve & for God to give you strength in your breathing. God is using you in such an amazing way! Go Regan Go!

iva welton said...

I was awaken early again this morning and have been praying for little Reagan. I'm trusting God to meet her need. Love you.
Iva

Anonymous said...

Yea Reagan!!!

I love reading the blog! I check it everyday to check up on you guys!! I am soooo glad that she is doing great! I love the pics too! Please let me know if you need me to do anything! Adam and I will keep praying and I look forward to the day that I can meet her!!

Adam and Chasity (Cooper too!!)

Holly said...

I too was up in the night - I think sometimes God uses Avery so that I can be up praying for Reagan and you all! So Avery was up last night and I was praying! I will continue to pray that the meds close Reagan's valve this time and that no surgery will be needed!

Lord, today please give an extra measure of strength to Rob, Amy and Baby Reagan today. Please also pour out your peace on them! Thank you Father for hearing and answering all our many prayers for this beloved little one! Amen

Love you guys!
Aunt Holly

Unknown said...

Dear Reagan,
* I pray for you many times a day, and all the issues you have going on in your young life right now.
* I pray for your mom and dad that they will have strength for this time in their life as they learn to be parents through stressful circumstances.
* I believe with all my heart that God has an amazing plan for you even if we can't understand it all right now.
* Verse for today: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Much love,
Dana

The Knipps said...

We love all 3 of you lovely Winslows and will never grow weary of praying for your beautiful little girl!!! The boys have added her to every possible prayertime we have. I pray anytime I think of you guys or her--that is a lot. I pray that God holds her little heart in His hands and seals that PDA for her.

Karen Parrish said...

We will be praying for all of you today, especially for little Reagan's heart and lungs and for that little valve to close! Our little guy is 14 weeks old today. Happy three week birthday, Reagan!
Love, Karen, Robin & Evan Parrish

Tina Bartlett said...

Savannah & I just said a prayer for Reagan. We are praying for her body to accept the meds and the hole to close on it's own. We also prayed for her to strengthen each day. Go Reagan!

Tina

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 Week Birthday Reagan! 3 Weeks that God has been loving and strengthening you and your mommy and daddy! You have become a blessing, and an example of God's power for all of us that know you and your mommy and daddy! I will continue to pray for your little body to grow in health, and for your mommy and daddy to be strong for you! I can't wait to meet you!

Bets said...

Happy 3 weeks! I'm Holly's cousin, and I've been keeping up with the blog. I have 4 little girls of my own and I've been faithfully praying from my mother's heart for the health and strength of your precious one! Blessings. ~ Betsy Glick

Anonymous said...

We have a photo-copy of Reagan's little tiny feet (compliments of grandpa miller) on our refridgerator. Every time I see it I think of her and pray for her. Reagan Olivia is now a common name in our house. Austin and Abigail are talking of her and praying for her on regular basis. Much love & prayer, Trina

Maria Ines said...

3 weeks!! So exciting! I always keep Reagan in my prayers. It is so good to hear she is growing and hopefully soon she will be out of the hospital and in her home.
Big hug for the 3 of you and all of your family.
Love,
Maria

Lasha said...

Hope you had a great 3 week old birthday Reagan!!! We are still praying for you, and Brayden justed asked again last night if you were going to come see him when you got better. We can't wait to meet you!!!

Meme said...

Dear Robert and Amy

Psalm 27:13-14
13. I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

I think that visits with long-time friends or kinfolks are refreshing and comforting. These verses are much like a pair of "old friends" that I am re-visiting today. Ed and I are prayerfully waiting for today's answers and experiencing how precious it is to be able trust in Jesus. We love you. Happy 3-week birthday, Reagan! Love, "Meme"

Judith and Lance said...

Happy 3 week birthday, Reagan. I am praying for you in Chicago. You are so precious and such a brave little girl. God has a special plan for your life and I love seeing it unfold on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this blog,I had what I considered a very rough week,then I read all your comments and saw your faithfulness to God and realized my week wasn,t to be even compared to what you are going through,thank you for pointing me back to the only one God that can make everything right for me ,Ragan and anyone that will just trust him.I will be praying for her every day....Peggy