Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Prayer Warriors...Reagan Needs You!

Dear Friends,
Our little girl could really use some prayers tonight / today depending on when you get this. She is doing okay, but seems to be having problems with her breathing again. Her oxygen levels have fluctuated throughout the day and she has had to be given breaths several times throughout the day (from the oxygen "bag"). A couple of times, it looked like she was not trying to breath on her own as her chest was not really moving. Thanks to God, the staff was right there to support her and help her to breath until she started breathing more on her own. They did an x ray to make sure that her lungs looked okay, and they do, but her ventilator tube looked like it was down too far, so they pulled it back up a little bit and were saying that that could have been part of the problem. Her heart PDA is not helping either. It is a scary thing to watch your child stop trying to breath on her own. I may sound a little bit dramatic and don't want to make this sound like a dire emergency situation as it is not, but it is a very serious situation that definitely needs prayer. She is so little and her lungs just seem to have a hard time...BUT...Our God is So Big, So Strong and So Mighty, There's Nothing My God Cannot Do.. and I ask that He will reach down from Heaven, or actually just over from the side of her isolet and give her body a special touch. I ask that He will breath the breath of life into her little body and give her super strength that could be given by none other than God Himself! Our child is a Blessed Child of God! I believe Reagan is gaining strength as we speak! I ask that you will pray for two specific things....
1. Pray that her PDA will close without surgery if that is what is best for her.
2. Pray that her lungs and body will gain super strength from God (He Can Do It!!!)
Now lets trust and believe that God hears our prayers and will answer! I believe!!!
Thank you for your prayers. My God is able to do "exceedingly more" than we could ever ask or think and I expect great things from God in this situation with Reagan. We love Him no matter the circumstances that surround us. Thanks for praying...He is able!

Robert and Amy

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Dear Jesus, I just ask that you would especially be with baby Regan tonight. Give her lungs strength Lord.. help her heart valve to close without surgery if this is Your will. Give Robert & Amy strength & peace from you Lord.

In your name, Amen.

Anonymous said...

I say "ditto" to Valerie's prayer. Just a short while before this blog came out I was standing watching baby Reagan. Her eyes were open wide, I held her little hand for awhile and my heart was so full of love and wonder for this precious baby girl and I thought about how much I love her, and how much more God loves her! She looked like a little angel in her purple ginham checked diaper cover lying on her purple ginham checked blanket. Reagan, you are so perfect in so many ways and yet when you stand and watch your little life and your struggle to survive we realize God is our only hope...there is no other. Hang in there baby girl and "GROW REAGAN GROW!!!!!

Deb said...

Robert your prayer was so heartfelt and sincere for your little Reagan. I am so thankful that God hears it all and that tears are even a language to Him.
You are in our thoughts and prayers so many times a day and I find myself wishing for an update on this little life. I am thanking God how He has answered in so many ways for Reagan, you and that He even cared enough to help Amy with her dreams. HE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. May it give you peace and comfort to know so many people are praying for you all. While we are thankful for all the medical professionals providing Reagan care and aid, we are most thankful to God, who is our ultimate physician. It is from God who provides all our healing.

"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11

Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Love,
The Jarrett's

Nina Rose said...

Dear Amy,Robert,& Reagan,
I am continuing to believe and pray that God is able to help little Reagan to be able to breathe better and for the PDA to close without surgery. God is the great Physician, and He is going to take care of Reagan every step of the journey.I also pray that HE will give you,Robert and Amy, the peace and strength that you need. The pics are beautiful of Reagan in her little Easter dress.I love you all!!

Holly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you all had a hard night! Miss Reagan just wants to keep everyone on their toes!

I think the following prayer from Beth Moore's book "Praying God's Word" is so appropriate for our situation...

"Merciful and faithful Lord, because of Your great love I am not consumed, for Your compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lord, You are good to those whose hope is in You, to the one who seeks You. (Lam. 3:22-25)"

I have prayed this prayer for you all today and continued to claim the promises here – our hope is in Him and his faithfulness never fails! We’ll be praying that Reagan’s heart and lungs continue to grow strong!

Love you all!
Holly

iva welton said...

I woke up 30 min. before my alarm went of this morning. I usually hate that but this morning I laid there and prayed for Reagan. When I got to work this morning Susan and I got on your blog and read about the request for pray. I'm glad I woke up.

My devotional reading for today was titled: GOD CAN HANDLE IT
Verse:The Lord is the One who will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
Our future may look fearfully intimidating, yet we can look up to the Engineer of the Universe,confident that nothing escapes His attention or slips out of the control of those strong hands. Elisabeth Elliot