Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Daddy's Prayer

Dear God,
You know that I love you. Thank you for loving me back. I have this little girl named Reagan that you have entrusted me with and am so thankful for the blessing of a child. You made her "fearfully" and "wonderfully" and I love her. I can see the hairs on her head, but can't count them. You know the number by heart! Her life is precious to me and therefore, I know that it is to you as well. Thank you Jesus for giving her... a miraculous birth, a perfect brain, long fingers, big feet, little toes, a round little nose, a stomach that works, the ability to breath, smelly diapers, peeking eyes, a wrinkled forehead, a body that is well, a heart that will love you, a mind that will think about you, two arms to serve, two legs to go where you lead, a voice that will tell of your love, and all the love of her Heavenly Father. I ask that you would hold her in your loving, protecting hands and that you would shield her from anything that could cause harm. I pray that you would place angels at her beside for protection. I pray for supernatural strength in the development of her organs - such as only God can give so that He will receive all the glory. I pray for her heart to function perfectly and for her body to grow steadily and safely. Especially strengthen her lungs and her heart. Please help her PDA (whatever that is) in her heart to close so that her oxygen saturations will become more normal. Bless all of the medical staff that takes care of her on a daily basis, as well as those that have taken care of her in the past, and help them to know that You love them and that you created them just as you did Baby Reagan. Help them to know that they are the "apple of your eye." Please be with each member of the staff as they come to work that you would guide their minds and hands to give the best care possible, and as they leave work, that you would bless their families, protect them, and give them strength. Help their families with any life difficulties and heal their hurts. Bless the other children, and parents that have children, that are going through the same and even harder things than we are. Give them hope and comfort in You and help them to learn to love You more every day. I ask that You would protect my little girl and help her to grow strong. Give her her mommy's tenderness, patience, and love. Give her all the good that you see in me. Help her to grow to know you and to have a love for you that shines through to all. I pray blessings and strength over my little girl right now and ask that you will hear and answer my prayer. Thank you for being My Provider, My Strength, My Shield, Lord God Almighty, The Most High God, and My Source of Peace. I pray that Reagan will not only live, but that she will thrive and prosper!!! Thank you God for using this little life to bless the lives of so many people already. I'm already a proud, yet humbled father of this precious life. Thank you God for bringing us people that were/are willing to pray. Please bless each and every person that has prayed for Baby Reagan and give them strength in the trials that they face each day. Help their marriages to be strong, their children to be healthy, their families to know Jesus, and their lives to be blessed by You. Give them strength to face the challenges of life and let them know that You are only a word away from immediate help in their times of need. Thank you for being a Rock that I can lean on during this time. Give Amy and I patience as we proceed into the unknown. Stand beside my little girl until all is well and give her supernatural strength! Thank you for answering prayer! I Love You my Savior!!!

Your Child,

Robert

8 comments:

Steven Miller said...

That is a beautiful prayer Robert. My heart goes out to you and Amy and I only wish I had more time and support to give. You are always in my thoughts and if ever I can do anything to lighten your load... yes, even manual labor.. please don't hesitate to ask.

You know I'm not a religious man, but I had a thought today that I wanted to share with you.

Every year in this country thousands of babies are still born and never have the chance to touch the lives that young Reagan has. We never know the reasons why God does what he does, but maybe we don't need to. If we look at the trials that we perceive and look for the blessings in them, we are most certain to find them. I guess what I’m saying is this. Most of us come into this world and leave it, being loved by a relatively small number of people. Little Reagan was born into this world and has inspired more love and done more to unite peoples hearts than I could ever hope to do in a lifetime of trying. So if God decides to take her home tomorrow, it is we who should be thankful; for while our hearts would be heavy with loss, we would be full of the love, the miracle and the wonder that was briefly ours. So don’t let your faith be tested. If you believe that this little child is in God’s hands, than you must believe that he will do what is best for her. And if she were to slip into the night, it is not God who took her; perhaps it is God who gave her the life that she needed to unite us in love and in spirit and in compassion for one another.

Go Reagan Go..

Sandra said...

Robert may God continue to be with you. I do believe he has blessed you and your family with baby Reagan.I'll continue to pray for You.

Papa Dave said...

Amen & Amen.

Anonymous said...

Robert, What a wondedrful prayer. It makes this Mother-in-law so very proud of her son-in-law. We love you so! I was getting ready for work and thought I would check the blog. My face is awash with tears! I will have to go get ready AGAIN!!! We are praying for you Amy and baby Reagan. I'm thinking of the song "Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand...But I know who holds tomorrow and I know, who holds my hand!" HOLD ON!!!!

Unknown said...

How blessed Reagan will be to call you Daddy. Not every child has a champion in their corner, or gets to experience such unconditional and profound love. I join you in prayer for God's supernatural touch for your daughter, his glory and might displayed in her life as is already being done, and that all who come into contact with Reagan will know they have been in the presence of God almighty. To Him who is able to do exceedingly more than we could ever hope or ask for, I commit this Winslow family to you Lord, and where two or three are gathered in your name, answer our prayers Lord for dear Reagan. I believe you hear our prayers, see our united spirits and will move on our behalf. We expectantly await continued healing in your presence. Thanks you for all that you are, have done, and continue to do. Carla Jones

Anonymous said...

Iam so touched by your words tears flow as I read your prayer. Be stronge in the Lord we will be praying extra today for you all.

Love
The Goins

Tina Bartlett said...

Robert, I am in awe of the beauty and humbleness of your prayer. What little girl wouldn't love to have her daddy as her hero, that is what you have become to this precious little one. That will give her more strength than you will ever know. We continue each day to pray for you all.

The Bartletts

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy & Robert,
You and your sweet baby girl continue to be in my prayers. God has a special purpose for little Reagan! Nana Connie is so proud of this little one and her progress has become a part of our daily routine at work. God is so good all the time! I can't wait to see what He's going to do next! Your posts inspire me every time I read them. Thank you for the impact you've made on my life as you live daily for Him and seek His face. Go, Reagan, go!! Isaiah 40: 28-31
28 Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.