Saturday, March 8, 2008

Today Was a Great Day!

Dear Friends,
It's Daddy's turn! Wow, I can't get over the response we have received through this blog as well as through emails and phone calls. We are so blessed to have so many people that care about us and about Reagan! Thank you all for the prayers. Amy and I were talking about how hard it would be to get through this without our faith in God and the support of our friends, family, coworkers and etc. Amy and I have experienced about every emotion possible over the last five days. Believe it or not, one of the greatest emotions that I have felt during this time is peace. Last Sunday in Sunday School we were learning about how God allows trials to happen to help us grow in our faith. Little did we know that Sunday afternoon, Amy and I would begin the greatest trial of our lives so far. During the Sunday School lesson, we learned that even though the storms of life are somewhat inevitable, God is still watching over us and protecting us. We are grateful.

Reagan did very well today. I am so thankful for the fact that she had a great day and I have faith that she will continue with more great days ahead. She is such a precious little girl and I am so thankful to be her daddy. Someone actually said that they thought they got a glimpse of me in her today. I wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or not as my wife is much better looking than I am, but I was proud none the less:) The intricacies of her little body are nothing short of amazing. She is covered with the fingerprints of God from her round little head to her perfect little (and I mean really little) toes. She has the cutest little nose and chin that you will ever see as well as the ability to tap her foot to the beat of the ventilator according to Uncle Michael. I wish that you all could see the little life that you are praying for daily. Pictures don't do justice to what God has created in Baby Reagan. She is a blessed child of God and that gives me great hope and comfort knowing that He is watching over her every minute!

Thanks again for writing to us. I check this blog several times a day for new encouragement. If you would prefer to send an email, and receive email updates about Reagan, you may email me at robert@winslows.org. We love you all and are very thankful for your kindness and support. Your prayers and support have brought me to tears several times and there is no way that I could express my heartfelt gratitude to you all. Thank you so very much, and please continue to pray!!!

Love,

Robert and Amy

9 comments:

iva welton said...

I was brought to tears as I read your blog today Robert. We are praying for you all. I know God is able. Love you all. If anything we can do let us know.
Weltons

Clodgo Family said...

Hi, Reagan, Robert and Amy!
We are friends of the Riddle family and we are praying for you all.
Glenn, Tammy, Levi, and Gracen Clodgo
Madrid, Spain

Tina Bartlett said...

Robert, Amy & Reagan, We are all praying for you and your family. We also have our care group at First and many others at church praying for your sweet little bundle of joy.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

It is so evident your Love for God and we know he has a great purpose for all 3 of your lives.

We are praying for God's continued Strength and Peace as this little one grows and gets stronger so she can enjoy her new home with her mommy and daddy.

Much love,
Todd, Tina and Savannah Bartlett

Valerie said...

Wow. All I can say is wow. God is good and it's so much more clear in the face of adversity that He is with us at every turn. I'm so grateful that God is taking care of little Reagan and giving you guys peace that surpasses understanding. We are praying for you all.

In Christ,
Jason and Valerie Vreeke

SteveandRebecca said...

Dear Robert, Amy, & Baby Reagan,
We are holding you close in our hearts these days - and we can rest assured that our Abba Father is holding you even closer.
Your faith and love for God is such a beautiful witness to His presence in your lives. Thank you for allowing us to join you on this journey, a journey that may not have been expected, but one which you are willing to travel with grace and hope.
Yes, there are times in our lives when we may feel we are "stumbling into the future," but Abba has promised to never leave us alone as we journey into the future.
We love you and are very proud of you! Baby Reagan is very blessed, as well as Mommy and Daddy!
(Great) Uncle Steve & Aunt Rebecca, Aaron

Bernard and Priscilla said...

Dear Amy, Robert, and Reagan,
We just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers during these hard days. God is good, and HE is in control. Just lean on Him......he doeth ALL things well, you know. Thanks for sharing the pictures on this blog. Reagan is beautiful! You have reason to be proud!
With Love,
Bernard and Priscilla

Bernard and Priscilla said...

Dear Amy, Robert, and Reagan,
We just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers during these hard days. God is good, and HE is in control. Just lean on Him......he doeth ALL things well, you know. Thanks for sharing the pictures on this blog. Reagan is beautiful! You have reason to be proud!
With Love,
Bernard and Priscilla

Williard Academy said...

Hey Amy,
It's Sandra Williard. I came in to work today looking for you. I am praying for you and putting you and your family on the prayer list at Mt. Olive. I am also looking for a PTO list. You need one up if its not already started. I will do this. You know you have a huge family here. If you need any of us please just ask. Don't you love how I volunteer all my co-workers. You know we will be there though.
Love and Prayers,
Sandra Williard

Unknown said...

Hi Amy,Robert & Reagan,Just wanted to let you know you are all in our prayers.You do not know us, we are The Murrows and we too walked a similar path as yours in Sept 2000.Our daughter Tatum was born at 25 weeks, 1lb,9oz at UNC Children's Hospital,Chapel Hill NC. I am Tatum's mom Molly and I would welcome the opportunity to mail you directly if you'd have a chance to email me at Murrmolly@aol.com.It would be so rewarding to share some of our experiences with Tatum's early birth and also if I could offer you any support in the future, as Reagan gets older.I'd also like you to see Tatum, at 7 years old she is still tiny but from where she came...WOW! May God bless you all and know there are folks out there like us,fellow Christians, that are praying for you.
In His Name,
Molly Murrow, husband Keith,
Tatum 7 and Lily 3