Thursday, March 27, 2008

Premie Daily Affairs (PDA)

Dear Friends and Family,
Well the saga continues. Little Miss Reagan loves to keep us on our toes. Her echo cardiogram results are back and her PDA is small again. This means we continue to wait and see if it will close on its own or if it gets larger again we will have surgery. God is really testing my patience. It would be nice to not have to wait and either go to surgery or not but this is out of our hands. Since the surgeon is on vacation I guess it is an answer to prayer that the PDA has become smaller. All things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purposes.-Romans 8:28
I am very thankful that Reagan's only issue seems to be her PDA. She continues to do well with her feeds, she's infection free, and gaining weight. She weighs 1 pound 14 ounces today. She still has a little bit of fluid retention so we are up and down on our weight but overall she looks really good.
Thanks for all the comments, cards, care packages, gifts for Reagan, PTO donations, and prayers. We are so thankful for each of you. I hope some day we can return the blessings to you. God has been so good to us and continues to meet our needs sometimes even befor we ask! I am not going to say this has been smooth sailing and I don't question "Why me/us?" but than I think "Why not me?". I feel that Robert and I are as prepared as anyone can be to take on this new curve of life. I continue to focus on the promise that God will never leave us or forsake us. He knows our hearts desires and cares when we hurt and He rejoices when we rejoice. My prayer for you is that you too feel the peace that passes all understanding and the wonderful love of our Saviour. May God bless each of you for your faithfulness!
Love Bunches!!!
Amy and Robert

14 comments:

Tammy Dillon said...

WOW! What a blessing your blog is to me. Your abounding faith comes through in your blog entries and the entries are such an encouragement to me in just the worldly "stuff" that stresses me out on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing--I see a motivational book in the works someday from these life changing experiences you all are facing with courage beyond anything I can imagine!

I haven't met you guys, but I ADORE Connie. I work with her at Accordant and just want you to know that there are a LOT of prayers going up for you guys from Accordant employees. I'll look forward to meeting Reagan and her parents in person soon.

Take care and my prayers continue,
Tammy Dillon

Anonymous said...

Robert: Thanks for letting me know about the blog site today. Kathy and I want you and Amy to know that little Reagan is in our prayers. God has His hand on her and you all have been given a wonderful gift. Remember that all of us go through our "why us" moments in life. We want to encourage you in the fact that God is good...all the time. Keep the faith. We love and will continue praying for you.

Roy and Kathy Morgan

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of how you are handling this! We are continuing to pray for all three of you.
Love, Mim

Anonymous said...

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord,
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaih 55: 8,9

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3

Your faith and trust in God will get you thru this trial. The hardest part is to WAIT on God...
We love you and are praying for the entire family.

Charles & Janet

The Knipps said...

I couldn't miss my night time prayer for Miss Reagan!! :) I hope that PDA is so tiny right now and God just closes it up tonight! I thank God that Reagan has done so well so far and hope that she keep up the good work! I pray that Good keeps her little body in His hands as she grows and gets stronger!

We love and miss you Amy and Robert. You two were such a blessing to us when we first moved here and I just admire your strength and attitude through this whole thing. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I read your blogs with tears in my eyes of all the fears and joys you are experiencing, they sound so familiar.
Keep faith in our God of all things miraculous-see psalm 139 He is an awesome God,my girls are a testimony of that. Love, blessings and prayer Coriena Buckaway.
Many people are seeing God living in you.

Holly said...

Thank you for the update, I feel so out of touch this week as I haven't been able to make it up there at all this week! Please know that I am still praying and praying and praying for you guys, and for my beautiful niece! I can imagine that the hardest part is the waiting, but God blesses those who wait on Him and He is faithful! Hang in there guys, and if there is anything you all need, please let me know!

Love you all so much!
Holly

Valerie said...

Dear Jesus, I ask that you would be with the precious little life of our dear Reagan.. she is so precious not only to all of us, but especially to You Lord. Please help her PDA to close up without surgery. Help her to have strength in You! Give her parents peace & comfort during this time. Help them know that you are in control of all things! Amen

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Amy, Robert, and Reagan,

I have been thinking about and praying for you all. It has been a blessing to read your blog.

Reading it reminded me of a verse:
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

It sounds like He is doing that, and I know that He'll continue. He says so!

We will continue to pray,
Ashley Hill (and Blake)

Sandra said...

I continue to keep you in my prayers. I know God is answering many prayers when it comes to baby Reagan.She is such a miracle.None of the prayers are to great for our God!!!!!!!!!!!! WE love you, Sandra

Unknown said...

What strong and amazing parents you are! Just envision your daughter happy and healthy and running circles around you! And know that there are people all over the world sending your baby girl well wishes!

All my best,

Marisa

Anonymous said...

I continue to think of you guys often. I'm going to say a special prayer tomorrow in church for Reagan and would like to add her to the prayer list this week. I can only imagine how many people have now heard about your situation. I'm sure many people are praying hard for your family and we will continue to do so until you are all together at home where you belong! I know Jesus can shine His light on little Reagan! Believe it! Love Beth DelFava

Anonymous said...

Amy and Robert,
When we went home to Virginia for Easter weekend, my grandmother asked me to put Reagan's blog in her favorites so she could keep up with Reagan's growth and reports. Her church has Reagan on their prayer list also. She printed out a picture of Reagan so she could show her Sunday school class who they are praying for. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Kevi and Christina

Valerie said...

The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him.

Nahum 1:7