Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm Just Like My Dad!

Little Miss Reagan is showing her stubbornness today (Just like her dad). She decided to pull out her endotracheal tube last night at 11:00. The doctors put her back on CPAP. She is doing well so far this morning. We have had a few apnic episodes where Reagan dropped her heart rate but nothing compared to last Sunday. God has answered our prayers by giving her new strength. Please continue to pray for her today that she will not tire out and will keep breathing on her own. She is doing far better than any 24 week baby I have taken care of. I know this is God's power working in Reagan. We have a mighty God who can and will do miraculous things in our lives as long as we ask and believe. Reagan is 1 pound 9 ounces today. She had a very large dirty diaper that dad changed last night. This was her first dirty diaper without a suppository. YEA!!! She is on an auto increase for her feeds. Every day she goes up be 0.2mls per hour. She is currently getting 1.4mls per hour. The doctors stopped all of Reagan's antibiotics due to negative cultures showing no infections. She is being a feisty, stubborn little girl! We are so thankful!!!!
Thanks for the continued prayer and overwhelming support!
Love,
Amy and Robert

My New CPAP!


"Snuggle me? I dare you!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A stubborn Winslow -- no way! She is certianly not the first one. I am glad that in this case that is an asset.

I am so glad to hear the good news! We are still praying for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

CPAP users of the world unite! :-)

W. David Winslow

The Knipps said...

Okay, I am cracking up at the feet in the air. Miss Reagan, you are one fiesty chick!! You go girl!!

Valerie said...

haha, the picture of her with her legs straight up in the air is just too cute! :-)

Hope everything goes well with her on the CPAP machine... I will continue to pray that God strengthens her lungs!

Valerie

Anonymous said...

How adorable! So glad God is helping little Reagan. We are certainly praying for all of you and you can see good working!

Edna