Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pray for Reagan

Dear Friends,
I am writing today to request prayer again for Little Reagan. She gave us quite a scare a few minutes ago but has been stabilized again. Basically, she had been on a jet ventilator that forces oxygen into her lungs and had been doing great and was breathing without too much aid. Today, they needed to try to let her breath on her own with just a CPAP machine. I don't know all the details, but basically, this machine provides the oxygen, but does not force it into her lungs like the other machine. The doctors are monitoring her oxygen levels very closely as she could have brain damage if they do not get her breathing more on her own (that is why they wanted to change the machine - they needed to see if she could cope). I would have a very hard time making the decisions that the Doctors and Nurses have to make, but am grateful that they are available to help. There are apparently many risks no matter which machine she is on and the doctors have to make decisions based on those risks. She had a fairly hard time with the CPAP from the very beginning and eventually began to have some major problems. Her heart rate dropped to zero on the monitor (I'm not sure that it actually stopped, but it appeared to). The nurses and doctors immediately did chest compressions to get her heart beating again as well as re-intibated her (put her back on the jet ventilator). These details are not fun to write or to read about, but we want you to know what is going on so that you know how to pray. Our God is soooo much bigger than this whole situation and we know that He will carry us through. The unknowns are the hardest part of this experience.

I still have peace in my heart that God is in controlf of this situation. I cried out to him during the scary situation that we endured earlier and asked him to revive her. He did! I don't know why God allows some of the things that He allows but I know that He has a plan. I have probably been a hard read for many of you that have been up here to see me. I have had a hard time understanding my own emotions...even after all that just happened, I still feel the peace of God in my heart. Usually I am the one that can't seem to cope with hard situations as well, but God is helping me. Amy has been a little bit more emotionally shaken, yet very brave. Although we both have great faith in God's power and might, which gives us peace, we are still both struggling with the unknowns. We will keep trusting God so that He receives all glory, honor, and praise. Amy and I are used to being able to take care of the situations that confront us in life, but this one is far above our means. We ask that you would continue to pray for God's touch in Reagan's life as well as ours. We are in need of a touch from HIM! Pray for God's healing power for Reagan. Please also pray for the Doctors, Nurses, and other people that work here. We want them to see Jesus in us. Thank you for your faithfulness to pray. We love you all and are thankful for you!

Robert and Amy

23 comments:

iva welton said...

We have been praying for little Reagan on and off all day. Keep strong Amy and Robert. God will see you through this. I can't imagine going through what you just described on you blog. We will continue to pray for you all. love you.
Weltons

Unknown said...

The baby is very cute. I can't wait to hold her. I hope everything goes well with getting her to breathe on her own. I will continue to pray for her and both of you. God has a plan.

your caring friend,
luke welton

Sharon said...

Robert and Amy,
Robert will remember me from First Wesleyan Church from not too long ago. Know that I will continue praying for Reagan and for the two of you as God works out His plan in your lives. Will pray for the hospital staff as well.

In Christ,

Sharon Johnson

Kevi and Christina said...

We are praying for you and little Reagan.
Lots of prayers and love,
Kevi and Christina

Cheryl Marti said...

I am a coworker(used to be on FEP) of your Mom Connie Miller and I have seen the joy and love in her face when she talks of her family.

Even now I am lifting this precious child of GOD and the whole family for peace that surpasses all understanding.
May our Lord blow his sweet breath of gentle healing into her lungs. May God give her heart strength and courage to grow in love.
May her little body be gently warmed with HIS powerful healing.

May the power of her parents love flow through their hands into her sweet body and generate healing.

In Christ
Cheryl Marti

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys...Wow, little Reagan is a fighter for sure. I can't imagine what yall are going through but I do know God has a plan. Please let me and Daniel know if there is anything we can do. We want to help in any way. WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!

Emily and Daniel

Valerie said...

Amy & Robert,
We cannot imagine how you are feeling right now.. but just wanted to let you know that we are continuing to pray for you both & baby Reagan.

Love & prayers,
Valerie & Jason


Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up my eyes to the hills-

From whence comes my help?

My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

Ryan said...

We pray for strength through these times. We pray for her to miraclely suprise the doctors through all the prayers and faith of so many here and everyshere praying for her.

Ryan & Shannon Kauffman

The Gordons said...

Amy and Robert,
We are continuing to pray for both of you, and especially for little Reagan. She is a real fighter. Just remember that God is in control.
Love,
Jeff and Karen

The Knipps said...

Good Morning Baby Girl!! It was so nice to meet you. You are truly a beautiful amazing little gal! I hear you are grounded though. Sounds like your mom and dad are already on top of things! :) You have a great mom and dad and I think they love you more than you'll ever know! No more scares little miss!

Love you Amy and Robert!!!

Unknown said...

Continue to be strong in your faith and know we are praying for each of you.
I pray for healing and strength today and each day to come for Reagan.

Love,
The Jarrett's

Tanya said...

All I can do is pray and I promise to continue to do that. I am so sorry that u and Baby Reagan are going through this. I know that everthing happens for a reason and it is Gods reason. We may not understand, but I am sure he does. What I know is if Reagan has half the strenth and faith that u do she will be fine. I hope this helps, but realize. I still can not comprehend what u are going through.
Love always Tanya B

Barry said...

We are praying for Reagan and for Momma and Daddy. I know you feel the very presence of God. He is a present help in the time of need. Your faith and dedication is touching others. Thanks for sharing with us. What a blessing to see God work.

Love & Prayers
Barry & Cathy Wall

Tina Bartlett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Bartlett said...

Robert & Amy,

God has placed you both on my heart so many times. I will continue to pray for your family, especially that precious little girl that the Lord will continue to strengthen her tiny body and also give you the emotional strength for this journey.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if Todd & I can do anything for you.

In Christ,
The Bartletts

Kelly said...

Amy and Robert,

Everyone here at work is continuing to pray for you guys and little Reagan. She is such a cutie. I hope she behaves and doesn't give you guys any more big scares like yesterday. Thanks for the website. We are all so eager to check on her!

Kelly Doub

beth said...

What an awesome little girl! I am praying for all of you.
love, Chris B's mom

Maria Ines said...

Robert and Amy,

I'll be praying for you beautiful baby girl to get strong and healthy! I send you a big hug, love and my prayers.

Maria Reyes

Misty Sechrest said...

We are continuing to pray for Baby Reagan and your family. I can't imagine going through what you have in the past few days. I Know God is with you and will get you through this hard time.
If their's anything we can do for you please let us know!

Love and Prayers,
The Wesley Sechrest Family

Lori Welch said...

Thanks for taking the time to update the Blog....we have been praying continually for baby Reagan and won't stop! It is such a blessing to see your faith so strong through this journey and confident that the Lord will see you all through. We love you....

Mark and Lori Welch

Jay and Jamie Dalton said...

Hey, Amy! I saw your blog through Danelle's page, and just wanted to write and let you know that we're praying for you.

Jamie (Rivers) Dalton

the harrisons said...

Tommy and I are praying for you and Reagan. We know that all things are possible when we leave it up to God. We are looking forward to hearing of the wonderful things God has in store for you and your family we love you and are looking forward to when we can see you. We are praying for you, and Reagan's being able to come home. If there is ANYTHING we can do for you let us know.

Love and prayers

The Harrisons

Miriam Parks said...

I am Nina's sister, and she shared this blog with me because she wanted me to pray for Reagan. The pictures of little Reagan have touched my heart! I have been praying daily for her, and it is such an encouragement to see the hand of God move in this little girls life. I believe that God has awesome things in store for her and her parents. Keep encouraged and looking up! God is in control! I will continue to pray daily for Reagan and you all.

Miriam Lynette