Monday, April 7, 2008

Surgery Scheduled

Dear Friends and Family,
Reagan had another ECHO today which shows she still has a moderate PDA. I met with the surgeon and Reagan is scheduled to have a PDA ligation on Wednesday around 12:00pm. This is considered to be a minor surgery (as minor as heart surgery can be). Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers that everything will go smoothly and we will have a quick recovery. She is doing very well today. She remains on low ventilation rate and pressures. They are planning to extubate Reagan from the vent. around 1000grams. She weighs 920grams today so we are getting close. Our hope is that she will rebound quickly after surgery, start gaining weight and breathing totally on her own. Her blood cultures have been negative since the 4th so hopefully we will stay infection free!!!!! The only bad news is Reagan has a IV infiltrate on her foot. It seems to be healing nicely so we hope to have little or NO scarring. If we get through this NICU visit with only a scar I will be ecstatic!! God has been so good to us! We are continuing to trust Him and rely on His ultimate expertise to get Reagan and us through theses next couple of months. Please pray He will guide the surgeons hands and give Reagan's medical team all the knowledge they need to take care of her. As always thanks for the thoughts and prayers!
We love you!
Amy and Robert

9 comments:

Chasity said...

That sounds great you guys!! I will be praying extra hard on Wednesday!! I am so happy that she is 2lbs. now.. that is so awesome!! Can't wait to see some more pictures!! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Glade to hear that the infection is cleared up. Sorry about the surgery but God is in control. We will all be praying extra for you all on Wednesday. God is Good

Love
The Goins

Unknown said...

I am so glad Reagan is doing better! I have really been busy the past week but have been checking the blog regularly and praying diligently for you all. Reagan will get an extra prayer on Wednesday!! I will be praying for you guys also.

Love,
The Jarrett's

Deb said...

Our prayers are with you and we will continue to pray that she will do well with the surgery (and you all too)and that her recovery will go well and she will gain strength after this. I am so thankful Reagan is infection free now. I find myself going often to your blog site and looking for an update. You have done so well in keeping us informed. Once again, our love and prayers are with you and for Papa and Nana too.
Love, Deb and Bob too

The Knipps said...

I'm glad to hear that all is okay! I hear the spunk is back! :) I know surgery must be scary but hopefully this will help keep her on track and growing strong. I'm sure hanging in limbo about whether or not she needed it was just as hard. You guys will be in our prayers all day Wednesday! I want to come up so bad but our house is full of fevers, colds, and ear infections so I figured I better stay away. We don't want the Knipp's to give poor Reagan another infection! :) It really stinks not being able to come up and talk with you! I may try and scrub down and make some time this weekend! It has been too long!

We think the world of you guys and are praying very hard for you and your beautiful daughter! Grow baby girl grow!!!

Stephanie said...

I am Steve & Rebecca Miller's pastor's wife and I have been praying for your precious baby girl! Many times over the past month, God has brought her to my mind and I have breathed a prayer for her and for you, her parents, as well.

Please know that Steve, Rebecca and I have committed to extra prayer and fasting for baby Reagan on Wednesday. With God, ALL things are possible!

You are close in both thoughts and prayers. May God be with you as you continue this journey.

Saw Pilot said...

Cousin Amy,
I have been checking in from time-to-time. We certainly will pray that the surgery goes as planned. God bless your family.

Dan and Carma

Anonymous said...

I left a comment on an older posting from March 5th. Oops!

I'm saying lots of prayers not only for your baby but for your whole family and all the medical staff working with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery - my daughter had open heart surgery when she was little, it's tough but you'll handle it. And it is amazing how well babies and children recover from surgery. Will say a prayer for you all tomorrow.