Saturday, April 12, 2008

Reagan is Recovering!!!

Dear Friends,
Thank you so much for your continued prayer support over the past 5 and 1/2 weeks, and especially over the last couple of days. I am so thankful that Reagan's surgery went well and that her body is beginning to function more normally again. Her urine output has increased significantly and her blood pressure is much higher than it had been (which is a good thing for her - I knew she had some of my blood in her!). She seems to be getting better and better each and every day. Her feeds were started again today which should help her to pack on some good weight. She seems to be tolerating them well for now and they will continue to increase them incrementally. Although she still has a long way to go, we are soooooo grateful for God's provision in her life thus far. Thanks again for all of your prayers...they have pulled her through thus far and I know she will continue to do well. I will update again soon and share how God has been so good to Amy and I throughout this process thus far. It may be a lengthy blog and I don't have time to do it now so I just wanted to let you know how Reagan is doing. Keep praying! She still needs you! I can't wait until she gets to come home and you all get to meet her - but I'll warn you now, she is pretty stinkin cute!!! We love you all!

Robert, Amy, and Baby Reagan

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Reagan in on the mends from the surgery.
God is so faithful to answer our prayers and furnish all of our needs.
Thank you Jesus for answering our prayers and taking care of Reagan and giving peace to Amy and Robert.I pray that Reagan will continue to grow stronger snd will be able to go home in the near future. What a blessing to share in your goodness you have bestowed upon this beautiful family. We love you and put all of our trust in YOU.
Amen

Charles & Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well! She'll be in my prayers...

Elizabeth Davis

The Knipps said...

That is just awesome guys!! I am so glad she is doing better!!! Go baby girl!!!

Valerie said...

I am so glad to hear that Reagan is doing well! I can't wait to meet her! Grow Regan Grow! :-)

Love & prayers,
Valerie

AdornmentsbyMilani.com said...

What wonderful news that your precious baby is getting stronger each day:)
God bless!!!

Deb said...

I am so thankful for how God is helping Reagan and each one of you. Yesterday I had our 2 grandkids and I was reminded of the faith of a child. I think Lasha mentioned in a comment before how Brayden (3 years old) prayers for "Baby RAGAN" every night, well, now it has to be done before each nap time too. I had put him down for his nap once this last week and then again yesterday and he had to pray. Both times his prayer rather amazed me. He no longer asked God to help "Baby RAGAN" but thanked God for helping her. I was reminded, I do need to do more trusting and expecting from God and just thank Him for it. Love, Deb (Brayden's MeeMee)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, Robert, and precious Reagan. I went to high school with Amy (she was a year ahead of me) and just found out about Reagan. I have looked through all of your posts and I am just amazed at how God has already done miracles in little Reagan's life. She is such a beautiful girl and seems so strong already. I will keep you in my prayers through this trying time.

-Jessica Fritts McCarl

Anonymous said...

Robert, Amy, I go to church with a friend of yours, Susan. Reagan has been on our prayer list everyday since she was born. I think about her and you guys everyday and have been praying that Reagan will continue to grow stronger and stronger each day with God's help! I enjoy reading your blogs and even though I have not met you guys, I am so thankful that Reagan has such special parents who love the Lord like you two. I know that your faith is what has gotten you through this so far. No matter how hard this has been, you guys have put your trust in the Lord and all the prayers and concerns are being answered. I hope that Reagan continues to improve. She is a beautiful baby girl. I just said a special prayer that God will keep his arms around her and protect her each day and that he will give you the strength that you need to be there for her. Take care and May God Bless all of you with his wonderful Love! I will continue to pray for you and your family!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear good reports coming from NC! I pray for you all on the regularly. We have no idea the way God is working through the prayers of His people! Praise Him for His miraculous works!

Patrick and Cathy said...

We are so thankful that the Lord is taking such good care of BIG Miss Reagan. (I'm going to cease proclaiming "little" over her...)
Praise God for her steady and full recovery after surgery. Apart from Jesus, her greatest blessing in the world is having the most incredible parents EVER!!!
Yes, it will be awesome having Miss Reagan growing home soon.

In Him who is able,

Patrick and Cathy

Anonymous said...

Robert and Amy,

We check for an update on Reagan every day. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep everyone informed.

It also ensures that we say at least one prayer for her after reading what her needs are. Keep on keeping on!

Love,

Matt and Heather