Thursday, April 17, 2008

1 week post surgery update

Dear Friends and Family,
Well Reagan decided to do it again. At 8:00 yesterday morning the nurse checked in on Reagan and she had pulled out her ET Tube (breathing tube). She was able to do this with her boxing gloves on. She didn't desat right away as you would think so we don't know how long she was without oxygen. They quickly put her on CPAP and she is doing great. She has been breathing well on her own for 24+ hours now. Way to go Reagan!!! God continues to work in our little girl giving her extra strength each day. She is off all pain meds and antibiotics and back to increasing feeds each day. Yesterday she weighed 2 lbs 5 ounces but after the extra work of breathing we are down to 2 lbs 2 ounces today. She shows no signs of distress or infection for which we are very thankful. I finally got to see her face without a bunch of tape and tubes and come to find out she has chubby cheeks.
Every day I thank God for blessing us with a beautiful baby girl. He continues to show Himself to me each and every day one way or another. I was dreading going back to work this weekend not knowing how Reagan would do when they took her off the vent. but now I don't have to wonder because she or He decided it was time. I had a stern talk with Reagan (Since she listens so well!) and she knows she is not allowed to go back on the vent. I asked the nurse if we could keep her ET tube so she can hold onto it. I believe this is her security blanket. No laughing when you see my daughter walking around carrying it when she is two, four, or older. As long as she is doing the breathing on her own I don't care.
Thanks again for all the support!
We love you!
Amy, Robert, and Reagan



Look at those chubby cheeks!!


"I love my pacifier!"


An Angels Face


"I want out of here!!!"


Reagan's Boxing Gloves

8 comments:

Holly said...

YIPPIE!! Go Reagan go! Words cannot express how thankful I am that this wonderful baby girl is growing stronger each day! She's sure a fighter and I'm so proud of her and her parents!

Luke and I just looked at the pictures and we think she's just the cutest little thing we ever did see! Luke says that Reagan "is just happy with her passi in!" And I believe he's right on!

We love you guys!
Holly and Luke

The Knipps said...

Oh Guys! Seeing her little face without the tubes is just awesome! She is a cute little gal!!! :)

Oh, and I am cracking up at holding the ET tube. :) You are officially a mother. :)

I am so incredibly happy that she is doing so well. I had a dream that Reagan extebated herself and you were mad at the nurses. :)

I was going to come up Friday but I remember you won't be there! :) I will have to wokr out some weekday time so I can see that pudge in person!! :) I can't tell you how glad I am to read such a great report Amy and Robert!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!

You go baby girl!!!! :) :)

Karen Parrish said...

Every time I see photos of little Reagan my first thought is 'oh my gosh, she's so beautiful!' I'm so happy to hear that she's doing well! What a little sweetheart! What great news for the whole family!

Judith and Lance said...

Wow, she is so pretty and getting so big! God is good, He ANSWERS prayers and I'm continuing to lift them up for the little miracle!

Luke, Avery, Monroe's Nanny said...

God is beyond good, is He not?!

Love you all!
Linda

Valerie said...

It's so good to hear the good report about Regan!! She looks so cute!

Love,
Valerie

Maria Ines said...

I love the picture where she has her little eyes opened! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Such GREAT pictures!! You know I'm dying not being able to get up there to see her without her ET tube. I can't wait to hear her little cry, I promise not to make fun of you (to your face) if your daughter is walking around in elementary school with her tube attached to her bookbag. :-)
I miss you guys and can't wait to see how much Reagan has changed this week. Sometimes I pray in faith believing (I think) that our God will do great and mighty things, and then am guilty again of being surprised when He answers prayers above what I can ask or think. What a Saviour we serve.
Much love,
Danelle