Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our Unspoken Request and Reagan Update

Dear Friends,
Please be in prayer for a close friend of ours. Dana was due to have her little girl within a week of Amy's due date. We received a phone call Thursday that she apparently went into pre-term labor. She would be around 32 weeks gestation at this point. The doctors are currently trying to stop the labor (it looks like it has been successful so far) and will hopefully send her home on strict bed rest until the baby comes instead of delivering the baby early. Our understanding is that her water has not broken! Dana and David are dear friends of ours and we ask that you pray specifically for them today as this was a big surprise.

Reagan Update:
Reagan continues to do well after her TV debut. Thursday evening we transported Reagan back to Forsyth Medical Center so she good be close to mommy while at work. This has made my work weekend go by much quicker. I am not allowed to be Reagan's nurse but I remain close by and stop and peak when I get a chance. Robert and I are very thankful for the care she received at Brenner's. Everyone treated Reagan so well and we became quite attached to the staff. Thanks Lisa, Danika, and Angela for taking such wonderful care of our baby girl. We look forward to the day Reagan is big enough to come for a visit.
This morning Reagan lost some weight and is back to 2 pounds 10 ounces. The doctors restarted her diuretics yesterday (medicine to make her pee)so this would be some of the weight loss. She continues to do well with her nasal cannula at 1.5 liters. Everyday her desat episodes improve. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of her! She continues to tolerate her feeds well also. She gets 20 mls every 3 hours. This is a big change from 0.3 mls an hour that we started on. Reagan still will reflux during her feeds. Pray she will outgrow this quickly so we can bottle feed and come home.
I can not believe how fast the weeks have gone by since Reagan entered the world. I feel so blessed with how well she has done. God has given her the strength we all prayed for and she continues to grow. Thanks again for all the wonderful support. We love you all and thank God for giving us a wonderful group of friends. I hope you have a great week and I will update again soon with more pictures!
Love,
Amy, Robert, Reagan

P.S. Reagan's message to her friends.
Jasmine I am so glad we met. Continue to grow and stop worrying your mom. I look forward to our day at the park!

Cassidy, Alexandria, CPAP (your mom and dad need to hurry and pick a name) continue to grow inside mommy. Befor long we will be big and chubby like our cousins. Mommy says I have scared everyone enough as it is so maybe you should give them a break. I can't wait to meet you but lets wait a couple of weeks!

Angela, Danika, and Lisa thanks for spoiling me. I looked forward to the days you took care of me. Mommy always rested better when you were around so a big THANKS. Angela be careful jumping out of the plane but take lots of pictures because Mommy says I am NOT allowed to jump or do anything slightly dangerous ever.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and all the gifts too!!
Love,
Reagan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Robert, and Reagan,

I'll continue praying for Dana. I hope that she will make it through the rest of her pregnancy with no problems.

It sounds like Reagan is doing great. Keep it up big girl and grow grow grow!

Have a good week.

Debbie said...

Hi...I've been keeping up with Reagan's progress since she became an actress on TV!

I just went thru a NICU experience with my BF's daughter at FMC. Her son Mason wasn't as fortunate, I'm so terribly sad to say. He had excellent care but God had other plans for him. She is also a nurse at FMC and my son is Dave in Public Safety there. All family!

I'm praying every night for Reagan and I know she'll continue to thrive especially with Mommy by her side at work! God Bless you and your family!

Valerie said...

I'm praying for you three as well as Dana, David, & their baby.

So glad to hear that Reagan is doing well! Can't wait to meet her!

Valerie

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Reagan,

Hey precious! A-pod just hasn't been the same since you left us, but we're doing okay knowing that you're continuing to do well. You are and will remain to be in my daily prayers; may God receive all the glory for how well He's brought you through everything. You were so fragile when I first met you, but praise the Lord for protecting and strengthening you each day! It was such a blessing to be apart of your life and I hope to keep up with your progress via this blog. Try to be a good girl and not give your mom and dad too hard of a time when you get home - which I know will be very soon!

Many Blessings,
Angela

PS - Jasmine and her mom wanted to tell you all hello too! We're doing well here. :)

The Knipps said...

It is just so cool to see how many lives Reagan and her oh-so-cool mommy and daddy are touching!

One big huge YAY!!!! on the bottle feeding!! Good Girl Reagan!!!

We will pray for her to get that skill down quickly and stop the nasty refluxing so she can come home to her house with mom and dad!!!

Reagan is transmitting that stubborn spunk onto her womb-partner in crime. We are praying hard for Dana and David! Maybe someone should have told these girls that they had to stay in mommy's belly for 9 months! They seem to be completely bypassing that small detail. :)


Grow baby Girl GROW!!!! We need a welcome home party to spoil you and your parents!!!