Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Four Good Weeks and One Rough Day!

Dear Friends,
Thank you for your continued prayer support, even while Reagan has been doing well. She has had several wonderful weeks of growth and development and weighed in at 2 lbs and 14 ozs today. We are very grateful for her tremendous growth thus far! Yesterday was a rather rough day for Amy and Nana. I wasn't there when Reagan had her episode, but it apparently was pretty bad. As usual, Reagan was receiving her regularly scheduled feed when she refluxed and decided to stop breathing and to slow her heart rate down to around 40 beats per minute which is extremely low. She apparently turned purple as she just wouldn't breathe. The nurse called respiratory and her nurse practitioner and after what seemed like eternity to Amy they had her breathing again and her heart rate was back to normal. They suctioned a lot of milk from her airway due to the reflux and followed with a chest x-ray to see if Reagan aspirated milk into her lungs but so far everything looks good. She is back to her normal range on her oxygen. Just when we start to get comfortable God sends a reminder that He is the one in control. We ask that you continue to pray for Reagan specifically that she will outgrow her reflux. I wish it was as easy as taking the "Purple Pill" but for preemies that is not the case. We know with God all things are possible so please continue to pray.
Thanks for the prayers for our friends Dana and David. They gave birth to a bright beautiful little girl. She is Reagans neighbor and seems to be doing very well. I know they appreciate all the prayers.
Thanks again for your continual support. We love you.
Robert, Amy and Reagan

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry for the rough evening. Watching Reagan yesterday, I never would've guessed she had a rough evening to come--but like you said--God is the one in control. He knows what Reagan needs and He's working all things out for His glory. I'm continuing to pray for you all, and as always call me anytime if there's any way I can help. I continually think of the song:
He's got the whole world in his hands...
He's got the tiny little babies in his hands...
He's got you and me, sister, in his hands...

He does have everyone of us in the palm of His hand and He won't let go as long as we're clinging to His promises.
"Casting all your cares on Him, for He careth for you."

Much love,
Danelle

The Knipps said...

I am so sorry she gave you guys such a scare. Reagan--quit being a stinker! :) You're going to get yourself grounded again!

I'm glad they were on top of things and got her fixed back up again.

We will pray for the reflux to leave little miss alone so she can get those last few ounces on and be a big ole 3 pound girl!

Holly said...

Poor Mommy and Nana - no more traumatic episodes Miss Reagan! I'll sure be praying that the reflux gets better fast. Hang in there you guys! We pray for you guys all the time! Miss seeing you all and the beautiful little girl!

Congrats to Dana and David on their little bundle as well!

Love you so much!

Aunt Holly

Valerie said...

Wow, that sounds like quite the scare. But you are right, God is in control. Even in day to day life, God seems to remind me of that so often.

We will be praying for you & precious little Reagan.

Love,
Valerie

Judith and Lance said...

Goodness, I'm so sorry for the recent scare, but thank God she is alright. I am continuing to pray for this precious little one and check in on her almost daily. You guys are so strong, I love to see the testimony you have and I know those around you are being blessed by it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the scare children have a way of catching us off guard. Just as us parents think everything is going good something sneaks up and bites hard. Hang in there God is always in control and as a mother of 4 that is my comfort. We pray everyday for you all!

Love
The Goins

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Just wanted to say that Reagan is even more beautiful in person than in the photo's!! I could't believe how little and perfect she is. She looked like a little angel laying there in your arms. I love the picture of her w/her bottle. It seems like forever now, but it wont be long before she and Taylor will best buddies sharing their own stories.
Continued prayers for Reagan and Taylor,
Diane Spangler

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amy! I hope you've had a great one! I continue to pray for your family every day. Reagan is so cute!!! I want to get back up there and see her again soon. Take care.
Love, Judith

Valerie said...

Happy Mothers Day Amy! :-)

Patrick and Cathy said...

Praise God that Reagan is growing through these little episodes...as is mommy, daddy...and the rest of us! Robert, you're right, God is in control. Amazingly we easily forget that God NEVER so much as flinches even in the worst episode. He is so confident in Himself, in His FINISHED work on the Cross and in His power to work in Reagan's life. I guess He is just teaching us to grow into that same confidence in Him.

Happy Mother's Day, Amy!

Patrick and Cathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amy!
Reagan is so beautiful and you can see how she is growing each time you post new pictures of her. Hopefully she will out grow the reflux thing soon.
I'm praying for all of you!

Edna

The Knipps said...

I thought about calling you to sing Happy Mother's Day but I figured you were sleeping and that would not be very fun. :) I hope your first Mother's Day went well and you enjoyed that baby girl!!!

Go Reagan Go!! (Oh and send some of that spunk to Taylor!) I hope the reflux has improved a little!

Always praying!!

megan ranee johnson said...

Regan's so cute[even though i've never seen her in person]!!!I've been praying for u guys.I hope Regan gets better and gets out of the hospital soon!

Love,
Your cousin Megan