Wednesday, May 28, 2008

12 weeks and 1 day old today!

Dear Friends,
Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support during Reagan's stay at the hospital. I am sorry for not writing as much lately, but have been just trying to get caught up on all the work that I need to get done. Reagan is doing awesome and I am thankful that God has brought us to this place where we can take a little breather to get caught up on other things. Lately, Amy has spent a lot more time at the hospital and I have been spending more time working in between visits with Reagan. My visits with her are a great experience, truly a blessing, and I just love that little girl so very much. I am proud of her mommy as well! She has really been stoic through this entire process and I am glad that I am married to her:) Most of all, I would like to take a minute to recognize the most deserving of all, Jesus Christ, for what He has done in Reagan's life. I do not take for granted the miracle that God has done in the life of our family and I am so thankful for the closeness we have felt during this time. We still have a ways to go, but I believe that God will continue to take care of us as He has and that He will give us what we need for each day! I firmly believe that God has covered Reagan (and us) with His mighty hand over the last 3 months and that He will continue to do so for the duration. I love you all and am grateful for your kindness and prayers! On another quick note...
Please continue to pray for Reagan's friend, Taylor Lilly. It looks like Taylor will get to head home tomorrow and we are so grateful for all that the Lord has brought her through. She is a precious little girl and it has been a blessing to have her and her family with us for the past few weeks. We are extremely excited (although we will miss seeing her precious little face in the room next to Reagan)that she is going home with her mommy and daddy and we look forward to Reagan building a strong friendship with her, Addison, Molly and all of the other little ones in our church as they grow bigger (boys too, as long as they know they can't date until they are 25). These children can change the world! I just thought of the song that goes "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow black and white, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world!" Taylor, you are loved more than you could ever know! May God bless Taylor, her family, and extended family as she grows! Amy and I love you all very much!

Love,

Robert, Amy, and Reagan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Robert, Amy, and Reagan,
Thanks for the kind words and for your support of us and Taylor as we had our NICU experience. Our time here has been very short compared to you all. 3 weeks pales in comparison to 3 months, not to mention the time you still have to be here. I have a totally new perspective and ability to pray for parents with children that are not healthy. This time in my life has also taught me that God has a specific plan for each of us, and we have to be open to the lessons and blessings He gives to us.

When I was still pregnant, I would remember to pray for Reagan whenever Taylor would kick me. Ever since Taylor has been born, I now remember to pray for Reagan when I am praying for Taylor (which has been a lot as of late). We have been so blessed with how well Taylor has progressed and have been blessed with such amazing NICU neighbors as Reagan and her parents. In the words of my little neice Lexi, "TaTa will miss ReRe." They will soon get to spend a lot of time together outside of the NICU.

We love you all and are blessed to have such great friends. Reagan, please come home soon!!

Love,
Dana, David, and Taylor

The Knipps said...

I am amazed at how well Reagan has done and how well you 2 have done. I am sure you are both ready for this to be over and to bring your baby girl home. I hope her homecoming is right around the corner. We miss you guys and can't wait to have Reagan join the girl clan at church. (don't worry--the boys can't date until 28 so we are on the same page)