Monday, June 9, 2008

ROOM AIR!!!!!!


Look Mommy I don't need my cannula!


Dear Friends and Family,
I wanted to send a quick update to let you know we took Reagan off her cannula today and so far she is doing great. Wow! I didn't believe this day would ever come. My emotions are going wild today I am so excited with Reagans progress. God has been so good to us and we continue to be amazed at His healing of Reagan. We are learning to never doubt the ultimate healer, with God all things are possible!!
Well, little "piggy" is weighing in at 4 pounds and 14 ounces. She is packing on the weight and getting quite chunky. She loves to eat and takes about 55mls every three hours (60 mls is 2 ounces). Her reflux has improved by leaps and bounds but she does still have the occasional spitting and choking episodes. Now that she is off the cannula we will try her off the wedge pillow, if she does well for 7 days without any episodes she can come home!!! We are getting so close the anticipation is building and we realize we need to start getting things ready at home. While she could be home as early as a week from today I am planning on two weeks. God is Good!
We only had the phone camera today but I will post new pictures of porky soon and pictures from our benefit. Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming support this weekend. We can not begin to thank each of you personally for your giving so we are sending out a HUGE thank you to all. You each have blessed us so much through your givings, support and most of all prayer. We know Reagans story could be completely different if it wasn't for the power of prayer so thank you so much for your faithfulness. The benefit raised more money than we ever expected and we feel so blessed! Thanks again to everyone and look for a post coming soon with pictures and more benefit details.
We love you guys! GOD BLESS!
Amy, Robert and Reagan

7 comments:

Papa Dave said...

Go Reagan!
We can't wait to get you home. Short and chunky. Sounds like a Miller to me.
Papa

Unknown said...

We are so excited for Reagan! What a blessing and answer to prayers! Her progress continues to bring tears to my eyes and reminds me of How much our heavenly Father cares for us. Thanks for continuing to share.

Valerie said...

I was so excited when I read this! That is so awesome! Great job Reagan! I can't wait to see Reagan at church. Hang in there Robert & Amy, she will be home before you know it now!

Love,
Valerie

krisanddrew said...

wow, Andrew and I have been following Reagan's progress. We are so excited for you guys. will continue to keep you in our prayers.

The Knipps said...

Her perfect little face made me tear up!! She looks beautiful without all the "stuff" on her tiny face!!!

GOOD GIRL REAGAN!!!!!

I am so glad that she is doing so well!!! WoooHooo! Robert--don't let Amy save the canula. :) :) :)

Love you guys!! Congrats on another big huge step!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you all! She is adorable! We are ready for her to come home! I can't wait for Robert to introduce her to the Heath Church family!

Love,
The Jarrett's

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! God is so good! This is great news. Go Reagan Go. We can't wait till you all get home and back to church we miss you all so mush. It's nice to see Robert but he looks lonely. I'll be looking for the picturs Thanks for sharing.

Love
The Goins