Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

Dear Friends and Family,
First of all Happy Fathers Day to all you wonderful dads. Reagan especially is lucky today to have a fabulous father and two super Papa's (great Uncles too). There is nothing more touching to me than the relationship between a father and daughter. I am so looking forward to watching this relationship develop between Reagan and her daddy as my relationship is with my daddy. A loving father portrays the relationship we can have with our heavenly father and there is nothing more important. Dad thanks for showing this to me. Robert I know you will do an awesome job teaching Reagan many of life's valuable lessons and loving her the way God teaches. Thanks Ed for raising a wonderful son for me to start a family with. I could not have chosen more wonderful men to be in Reagan's life than the ones she has. So Happy Fathers Day Dads, I hope your day is special!!!

Reagan Update:
Unfortunately, we are still on day 1 of our 7 day countdown. Reagan has been having problems choking when she eats. We are now adding extra thickener to her feeds so please pray this will stop the episodes and we can continue on our countdown. All of her episodes are when she is eating so we at least know what the problems is. While disappointing I am trying to trust that God has a purpose in even this. We will bring Reagan home soon, of this I am certain. Please continue to keep Reagan in your prayers. Reagan has lost a little weight and is back to 5 pounds 3 ounces but I am sure she will be packing on the weight again soon!

Love,
Amy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Robert! What a special treat to have Reagan with you this Father's Day.

So sorry that Reagan is still on day one of her seven days. I'm praying that she is able to eat without any problems. I know you (and she) will be glad when she is at home.

Love to you all!!

-Jessica Fritts McCarl

Anonymous said...

so sorry for the set back. Remember God's timing is perfect and he is still in control. We are still enjoying this blog and all the cute little pictures. My prayers are still with your family. Hang in there!! The Ron Davis family

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy and Robert,
Enjoyed the pictures as always and the progress your little one is making. It is soo amazing how each day brings another gift from up above. Our family continues to pray for the homecoming of Reagan. You know Taylor needs her play mate!! If there is one thing I have learned during the past few years, it is God knows the perfect time. God has touched soo many lives with this miracle child. We love you. We're counting the days with you.

Love and prayers,
Jeff and DIane Spangler

The Knipps said...

She must just be so excited over those bottles that she gets ahead of herself! :) She is really starting to fill out and get chubby!!! She is so cute guys!!

We will continue to pray that Reagan gets everything in order so you all can come home with no worries!!!

Come on Reagan!!!

Pastor Dan said...

Hi Winslows!
I'm certainly praying for Reagan's soon and safe trip home! (Robert: FABULOUS job speaking in our p.m. Fathers Day service last night! AWESOME!!)
(Amy: It was SO good to have you there, too!)
Reagan's about to catch Taylor in the weight race!!
We love you all, and I'm praying! GOD is able!
Love,
Pastor D.

Anonymous said...

God has really worked miracles with little Reagan. It won't be long now!!!!
She is sooo beautiful!!
Your testimony has been a blessing to all. I click on the site every day to see what is happening with Reagan and mom and dad!
My dad has cancer again somewhere and is having test tomorrow. Please pray for him!
That is Rev. L.H.Parks
I trust they will be able to treat it and that he will have several more years with us.
Vicki

Judith and Lance said...

Wow -- she's gotten so big and beautiful.

Go Reagan, Go... I just know you are going to be home soon. I'm pulling and praying for you here in Chicago and check on you nearly eveyday to see what great thing God has done for you! You are a miracle and I am so thankful for your health!